What would MacGyver do if he was stranded on a trash dump in the middle of the ocean? If he had the right supplies, chances are he'd come up with something very similar to this PVC and duct tape boat. C'mon, we all know MacGyver always has duct tape on him!
A while back, Ben Glick and his son Daniel ventured into the land of MacGyverisms when building a prototype for their more expensive wood-framed and fabric-skinned kayak. The prototype canoe is made from PVC pipe, plastic sheeting, cord, and two empty one-gallon milk jugs with lids. And let's not forget MacGyver's favorite thing—duct tape.
If you've even got the slightest bit of aquaphobia in you, I wouldn't suggest trying this makeshift watercraft out. But if you're more than comfortable on the open water in a boat made of plastic, then continue on to the instructions on how to build your own at Duckworks.
This homemade canoe shouldn't set you back more than 30 bucks and 5 hours.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades