This is definitely the work of a Trekkie.
Reddit user ModXMV shared the below image of his uncle's new homemade Star Trek mailbox. It's constructed of different-sized PVC pipe, a plastic dish container, wood, lights, etc. It even has a solar panel attached so it can light up at night (which sadly there is no image of). But hopefully this Starfleet mailbox vessel has a built-in deflector shield to keep all the high school mailbox smashers away (or at least the junk mail). And if you're wondering, the USPS on this Mailbox Enterprise stands for United States Postal Service.
This got me wondering how many other DIY mailboxes out there use PVC.
With a quick search, I found that a Star Wars fan actually beat the Trekkie's "Stardate" to the intergalactic mailbox race. Craig Smith built his X-Wing Starfighter mailbox a long time ago from wood and PVC pipe. It somehow survived vandalism (probably because it's not close to the street), but fell victim to the weather and needed some repair work and repainting.
I wonder what would happen if these two space vessels ended up on the same street?
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades