I have to admit that I am an environmentalist wacko. That may sound strange, considering my life is tied up in PVC, which is considered one of the most poisonous materials on earth... but it's true. I love this planet, and I want it to be inhabitable for as long as the sun is in this phase of its life.
That said, we're making a mess of this place, and I think we need to make cultural changes that will help us mitigate said mess. I don't think we can legislate ourselves to this one. Honestly, the legislative system is too messed up. The people who make the messes are too close to the people who make the rules, hence we can't expect any of them to come up with a solution unless they can leverage it for their own gain (and our loss, if we pay attention to the last 30 years closely enough).
This snappy little doodad shown above is a spinner. You can use it to make yarn out of pretty much any fiber. Mess cleanup #1: Take PVC that was headed to the trash, and make the spindle. Mess cleanup #2: Take newspaper that was headed in the same direction and make it into YARN!
Check this article out. They go demonstrate everything from making the spindle to making the yarn.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades